Dear Club Member,
We are already halfway through the 2017/18 season and fully utilising the ‘all weather’ winter training schedule at the Warden Park Academy 3G pitch, the large indoor gym at Warden Park and the all weather outdoor pitch at the Triangle, Burgess Hill.
The club currently has over 470 boys & girls registered across 32 squads which makes us one of the biggest youth & minor football clubs in Sussex.
Running a club of this size, all by volunteers, is no mean task and we need to share the effort across a wider group of people. We are therefore looking for additional support in the areas listed below. Just sparing a few hours a week will help ensure this club continues to provide the good quality coaching and match day experiences, as well aid the areas of further club development that we are planning over the next five years.
Key areas of assistance include the following:
1. Fixtures secretary (likely to be split across three people/roles, Cosmos, United & Athletic). These roles will required 2-3 hours a week planning and engagement with the Cosmos squads (Managers), their opposition and the referee each week, ensuring kick off times, match locations and other relevant details are communicated.
2. Tearoom support on Saturday mornings. 2 hours on a Saturday (in the warm tearoom at Whitemans Green). This could be on a rota and therefore not each Saturday required.
3. Car park Marshals. 08:30-09:15 & 10:30-10:45 each Saturday for Whitemans Green (WMG) and Beech Farm Field (BFF). This could be done on a rota basis and therefore not every Saturday would be required. A cup of tea and a bacon roll is offered as a major inducement to assist in helping the club have safe and responsible parking on training days.
4. General assistance with areas of club development; from the provision of a training kit ‘lock-up’ on BFF, through to pitch drainage and maintenance.
5. Manager and Coaching support. This club relies on over 70 qualified coaches and managers and anybody wishing to progress the required qualifications, which the club will fully support and sponsor, and become a coach at the club please let us know. (We are particularly keen to encourage any experienced goalkeepers across the club to help in this important area of training and development).
We have reached the respected position that we hold as a club via great voluntary support over the years and we need to ensure this continues as we look to further improve and develop this great club.
If you are able to assist in any capacity please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Wishing you all the best for 2018.
Updated 11:16 - 17 Jan 2018 by Paul Batchelor
Chairman, Cuckfield Cosmos FC